Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bright Star


The nights are still much longer than the days here. I've had the most odd sleeping patterns(if you should even call them that) of my entire life. If I've learned one thing, it's that I should be awake, no matter the hour, when my body tells me. Otherwise I would end up truly hibernating.


Two nights ago I was up at 4am and decided to watch Bright Star. It was the most lovely movie I have seen possibly ever. The cinematography and colors of the movie itself would grab anyone, but the beautiful words of the poet John Keats even more so. If you have not seen it yet.. do!


Then oddly enough dough kept me up till the early morning hours last night. Who knew it would take four hours for dough to rise up here? Not me! I've been reading A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg and came across her recipe for cinnamon rolls. They came out as well as anyone could have hoped with their first attempt at making cinnamon rolls. Her recipe is fantastic however.. not too sweet and very simple for anyone to follow(I'm proof!).


I hope all of you are having a beautiful winter.. feel free to post any stories from your winter's world below.


With love.


“I had such a dream last night. I was floating above the trees, with my lips connected to that of a beautiful figure.”

~ 1 comments: ~

Anonymous
at: March 13, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

hi there! I just stubbled across your blog and I love it! You have great taste, and this film looks amazing! I will have to see it asap. I am following you on bloglovin and I'd be honored if you followed me :)

Julia
http://julialuckett.wordpress.com/

+